Geo Location update

By Adam Patterson in: Code Performance


I have made some subtle but important updates to the GEO api used for statistics.

Previously geo.tentaclecms.com was pulling from another API, this "Worked" but occasionally would throw an error caused by a hiccup in the connection.  After downloading a rather large geo location database and creating my own service I decided to benchmark the two versions of the API using Wbench I was able to get a average response time down from 1300ms to 100ms.

Not to shabby, and hopefully this will solve some of the errors people were experiencing.